Saturday, April 10, 2010

CERNstock

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. [...]  The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so. [...] Improvement [in] my appreciation of music has [also] occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me." - Carl Sagan "Marihuana Reconsidered"

No comments:

Post a Comment